Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14511 Discussions

My New Core i9 7940X Machine Gives Whea Uncorrectable Error

DSuma1
Beginner

Hi,

I recently purchased a high end PC with Core i9 7940X processor, Asus 1080 Ti GPU, X299-A Motherboard and 2x16GB ram. After instaling windows 10 and using for some time, I figured out that the machine is giving a blue screen error called "Whea Uncorrectable Error" all the time. I mostly get this error when I try to run a game or when I start Adobe Premiere Pro. It also comes when I encode a video. I tried updating windows, GPU drivers and BIOS. Also I tried resetting BIOS settings. None of these steps helped me solve the issue. Please let me know how can I troubleshoot and get my machine working without any issue.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

Thank you for joining the community.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report To your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Could you run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and provide me with the .txt report? Please attach the report to the thread.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Could you provide me with a picture of the BSOD that you are having?

What is the memory RAM part number on your system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

DSuma1
Beginner

Thanks. I will generate the txt file and send you. Until then, you can check the error dump file and system information file attached below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_G3GfZnixRhDRkzZhu7NCNd9k6lMbN-p/view?usp=sharing Info Files.zip - Google Drive

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

Thank you for your response.

I would verify if you have any turbo boost software installed on the system, if yes could you uninstall it for testing proposes

Have you performed a RAM test on the memory installed on the system? By the way, what are the brand and part number of the memory RAM?

Could you try to run the system with a basic configuration? (MOBO+ CPU+ one stick of RAM at the time)

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

Thanks!

We did a memory test and did not find any issue in the RAM. It's a Corsair 2 sticks of 16GB RAM. I can try uninstalling turbo boost software and run with one stick of RAM.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

Yeah, the issue still persists. We tried increasing the core voltage and still the BSOD happened. Is it possible to happen due to a damaged processor?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

Thank you for your response.

Could you provide me with the memory RAM part number and motherboard model?

Upon reviewing the Intel® processor diagnostic tool report the processor seems to be working properly, I would like to verify if it is possible to test the system with a single core instead of multi-core could you access the system BIOS and look for the option of to set multi-core or single core?

If you have the option set the system to a single core and run the Intel® processor diagnostic tool. Please attach the report to the thread.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

RAM part number: CMK16GX4M1B3000C15

Motherboard Model: Asus Prime X299-A

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

We ran the diagnostic test with single core for core0, core1 upto core 6. For core0, we always got the BSOD "Whea Uncorrectable" Error when we ran the system diagnostic test. For core1, we got the same BSOD once. But we could complete the diagnostic test once for core1. The results of the diagnostic test for core1 and upto core6 are attached with this message. Core 1 test result was given as failed. Core6 always gave different BSOD errors when we tried to run diagnostic test. So we could not get the test result.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

Thank you for your response, and for all the testing performed.

Have you tried to test the motherboard with and another CPU or the CPU with another motherboard? if you have not done is there a possibility for you to do it?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

I think we can try with a different cpu or motherboard. We will let you know if the problem still persists. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

We are going to replace the processor of the machine within next week. We can check if the problem will be solved after replacing the processor. We will let you know if the problem still occurs after the processor replacement. Thank you for your support!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

Hi,

The machine is still under test by the place we bought it from. They too got the error several times when they tested. I will let you know if we still can't solve the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello drspresents

I was checking your case and would like to share with you that once there is an output of the testing on the unit please contact the local geo support

(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html) for assistance on the case.

Note:

Refer to the upper left corner to select the area in which you are located.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BCook
Beginner

Hello, I also recently purchased a similar machine and am having the same Whea Uncorrectable Error BSOD when trying to work in Adobe After Effects or Maxon C4d.

Ram has tested ok.

I purchased through Umart and they are saying that it is not their problem and must be software related, but i don't think so as I am running C4d and After effects on other windows pc's with no errors.

I was wondering if you were able to resolve your problem? and if so, what the solution would be?

machine specs below

Intel Core i9 7940X

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Waterforce Xtreme Edition 11GB Video Card

Asus WS X299 SAGE LGA 2066 Motherboard

8 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX

0 Kudos
DSuma1
Beginner

Hi picturedrift,

We could test our machine with a different motherboard and we still got the issue. It seems that the processor is faulty. We ordered a brand new 7940X processor by warranty which will arrive next week. We have to check whether that will solve the issue.

For your one, did you try running the intel processor diagnostic tool on your machine? Check whether it gives any error. You can also try to run it separately for each processor core. In our case, the machine crashed for some of the cores during the test.

0 Kudos
NFurn
Beginner

Hi,

I get the same BSOD with W10 and 7940x. After changing everything but the GPU (i'm waiting the new 2080ti), still get the same error. I've also send back with warranty service the CPU and Intel shipped a brand new cpu but the issue remains.

Anyone have found some solutions? Had same BSOD using adobe suite. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR, GENUINTEL 124.

Windows 10, 64bit 1803;

I9 7940x; old the same CPU sent to warranty

Asus X299 PRO WS; old Gigabite UD4 PRO

4 x 8 Kingstone 3600mhz; old Corsair Dominator Platinum 4000mhz

Zotac 1080ti amp extreme;

M2 Kingstone A1000; bought after knowing that same Samsung evo, caused bsod

SSD Samsung Evo pro 860; tryed to run the machine with or without it

1T Sata 3, Verbatim HDD;

Power supply, Cooler Master 1kW. old 850w
0 Kudos