Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Notebook freezing issues

PaleAle
Beginner

Helo, on a notebook with an older Intel core processor, Hasswell family have my fan died, the CPU performance dropped by underclocking due to active cooling was missing for few days. The fan is now replaced, active+passive cooling works. I'm continually monitoring all the temperatures showing me everything in operational ranges (44 to 90°C for CPU self). I have tested the CPU by IPDT with all PASS conslusion + RAM units by MetMest86 with also all tests PASS result. Though, the laptop is freezing at random times (average on between 1/2 and 1 day of uptime), usually when it's idle or only doing some bg tasks

I don't have idea if something could go wrong by the short period of fan outage, but need some input what's going on and if the current state could be somehow resolved. Random freezes certainly are lowering the UX considerably.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello PaleAle,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. What is the brand and model name of your laptop?

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
PaleAle
Beginner

Hello DeividA_Intel, the model no. is L50-A-19N from Toshiba.

I attach log files with system info, if there's need more logs let me know.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello PaleAle,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos