Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

The maximum number of socket for Xeon processor?

HyeongTak
Beginner

Thanks for your help in advance.

AFAIK, Xeon Platinum line supports 8 sockets. However, I went over the url below :

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/194146/intel-xeon-platinum-9282-processor-77m-cache-2-60-ghz.html

and it says max cpu configuration of Intel® Xeon® Platinum 9282 Processor is only "2".

What am I confusing with? Isn't the word "max cpu configuration" means the maximum number of socket that the cpu supports?

Also, is there any core-series processor comes with multi-socket support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel
Hello HyeongTak, We have confirmed that the Xeon Platinum 9200 processors such as the 9282, supports only two sockets. It is the Xeon Platinum 8200 processors that support 2, 4, or 8 sockets. So the information on ARK is correct. If you have further questions please let us know. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The data in ARK may be wrong (it's happened before). Intel Customer Support will need to determine if this is the case and, if so, fix it.

As far as I know, the Core-branded processors support only single socket designs.

...S

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello HyeongTak, Thank you for joining the community. We are confirming the information shown in ark. What we know is about a unreleased platform that will be 4 dual socket nodes that will support Xeon Platinum processors. So that could be the case for a dual socket maximum in a 8 socket combination. We will let you know when we have updates from engineering to clarify this. We appreciate your patience. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello HyeongTak, We have confirmed that the Xeon Platinum 9200 processors such as the 9282, supports only two sockets. It is the Xeon Platinum 8200 processors that support 2, 4, or 8 sockets. So the information on ARK is correct. If you have further questions please let us know. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos