Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Thermal throttle i7 10750h

YatharthYadav7
Beginner

So i have the Alienware m15 r3 and my laptop seems to throttle when idle(doing nothing at all except HWMonitor on, is it common/okay to reach 100 degree when idle? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Hello YatharthYadav7

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to identify a possible problem with the processor:

If it passes the tests, the processor is not affected by changes in temperature. Also note that the maximum temperature allowed on the processor die (TJUNCTION) is 100 ° C.

If your system is up-to-date and temperatures are still high, we recommend that you check with your laptop's OEM for troubleshooting.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello YatharthYadav7

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to identify a possible problem with the processor:

If it passes the tests, the processor is not affected by changes in temperature. Also note that the maximum temperature allowed on the processor die (TJUNCTION) is 100 ° C.

If your system is up-to-date and temperatures are still high, we recommend that you check with your laptop's OEM for troubleshooting.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
YatharthYadav7
Beginner
Hi David,
I tried the solution and the problem wasnt with the cpu but with the cooling of the laptop ,i submitted my laptop to dell.Thanks for the help.
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos