Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

USB xDCI Controller

LifeLongLearner

Hello,

My goal is to enable dual role support/ on-the-go (OTG) functionality on a motherboard. 

I am working with a Z590-A PRO MSI motherboard. Its got a Z590 Intel chipset (part of the 500 series chipsets). The Z590 chipset comes with an eXtensible Device Controller Interface (xDCI) controller. Some online documentations say that the controller is disabled by default.

I am trying to find a way to enable this controller in hopes of accomplishing dual role support/OTG.

So far I have gone into the BIOS, and under the USB settings, options to enable/disable xHCI (host) controller is available, but options to enable/disable xDCI (device) controller is not available.

Can someone tell me how to enable the xDCI controller?

Here's information on the xDCI controller on the Intel website: Click Here

Here's another user (@shantur) in the forums asking the same question I have: Click Here

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello LifeLongLearner,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are currently working in order to get the information you are requesting. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Please feel free to reply if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello LifeLongLearner,

After investigating about your request, we do not have any information regarding that, therefore, I recommend you to contact the board manufacturer to find out more about this.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos