Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Unknown base system device

Karnifex
Beginner

Hello,

i have difficulties in choosing which software to download for this specific Hardware-ID.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1911&SUBSYS_142F1025&REV_00

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Devices like this are usually resolved by the running of the Intel Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package specific to your chipset. Download the package from your laptop vendor (it should come in ZIP file form). Then, follow this process:

1. Extract package contents to a temporary folder.
  2. Open a Command Prompt or PowerShell window.
  3. Make the temporary folder the current folder.
  4. Execute command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
  5. Reboot.
  6. Verify resolved.

I hope this does it. The "/overall" parameter requests that the package re-resolve all devices.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This is part of 6 Series chipset.
What processor are you using? What OS are you running? If Windows 10, I would have expected this to be resolved automatically, but maybe not for hardware this old.
...S
0 Kudos
Karnifex
Beginner

Thanks for the help! It might the the case for this one. Im using an Intel Core i7 10750 on Windows 10

Screenshot 2021-07-14 193235.png

from PCI Lookup i found out that it's Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6th/7th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model, but i think you know this already.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Devices like this are usually resolved by the running of the Intel Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package specific to your chipset. Download the package from your laptop vendor (it should come in ZIP file form). Then, follow this process:

1. Extract package contents to a temporary folder.
  2. Open a Command Prompt or PowerShell window.
  3. Make the temporary folder the current folder.
  4. Execute command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
  5. Reboot.
  6. Verify resolved.

I hope this does it. The "/overall" parameter requests that the package re-resolve all devices.

...S

0 Kudos