Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

XTU Undefined

Tuga777
Beginner
Hello,
XTU would not launch until I enabled undervolt proction in my bios. After completing that task I was able to launch XTU. The issue I'm having now is once I try to set core voltage after I click apply it changes whatever I input to undefined. I don't know if anyone has had this issue and I do have the yellow thunderbolt next to the core voltage as well. I've tried adaptive which I felt would defeat the purpose but I could be wrong even though Static in my eyes would suit me if I'm trying to see what vcore I can get away with without it fluctuating.

MSI Z690 Carbon Wifi
i9 13900k
Latest bios
Windows is up to date.
Also if I disable undervolt proctection I'm not able to open XTU.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Tuga777,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues XTU tool.

It is important to mention that Undervolt Protection essentially prevents users from undervolting their CPUs. Once change this feature is enabled, it may interfere with certain system features such as voltage control or CPU frequency, and may affect the well-functioning of the XTU tool.

For the issue that the XTU would not launch, you should try the following:

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Tuga777,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Tuga777,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos