Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14988 Discussions

intel turbo boost does not work as it should do

Khaled123
Beginner

I have noticed that my turbo boost feature does not work, as my CPU always works withing the base speed or even lower, I do not understand why it urned out like this, but it is kinda frustrating cause i cant play the games that depend mostly on the CPU well, like valorant, I have done all the diagnostics i should do with this situation, I have checked that my turbo boost is on, i have tried to turn the bios into default, but nothing, i will attach some photos of this case for the further assistance Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility 10_30_2022 1_26_59 PM.pngIntel® Extreme Tuning Utility 10_30_2022 1_27_03 PM.pngIntel® Extreme Tuning Utility 11_1_2022 4_03_03 PM.pngIntel® Processor Diagnostic Tool 64Bit 4.1.7.39.W.MP 11_1_2022 4_10_46 PM.pngIntel® Processor Diagnostic Tool 64Bit 4.1.7.39.W.MP 11_1_2022 4_10_59 PM.pngTask Manager 11_1_2022 4_18_59 PM.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Khaled123,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Turbo Boost. I will be glad to assist you.

Please be aware that processors do not run at their maximum frequency all the time. The processor automatically selects the best frequency depending on the workload demand. If the workload demand is high and there are no physical constraints, then the processor may operate at or close to the turbo frequency.

Based on your processor, you should have a mobile device (laptop, all-in-one), therefore, please ensure there are no physical constraints such as power delivery and thermal solution preventing the processor to reach its maximum frequency.

Question: Were you able to use the Intel® Turbo Boost feature before? If so, was there any change or update before the issue started?

As well, download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Khaled123
Beginner

Hey, Steven 
Yeah, I have used the turbo boost before and the frequency was reaching 4.5, but now it does not exceed the number in the image i have attached, to make sure you are having all the info you need, i used throttlestop before just to adjust the frequency of the CPU, but even with using this program again and adjust the frequency to 4, nothing happens!! Here are the scan results, and thanks for your reply 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

In order to work further on this, could you please confirm if the issue happens as well on other games or high demand applications?

As well, please perform the following:

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos