Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

10M16SCU324

tsvetomir
Beginner

Hello!

I am using the PDN tool, provided at your webpage, more specifically PDN design tool for MAX10 devices. Nevertheless I downloaded the excel file, and selected MAX10  for Family/Devices, I cannot find the FPGA I am using in design – 10M16SCU324C8G, along all the others listed in the dropdown menu of Available Devices section. There could be found only 10M16SCU169 but as you know they are different. Any suggestions why?

tsvetomir_0-1621454066927.jpeg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ReX_TeCH
New Contributor I

Hi @tsvetomir 

Hope you are doing well, thanks for posting your query.

Hope this information helps : https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_dev_specific_pdn_20.pdf 

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

ReX_TeCH
(Independent Advisor)

0 Kudos
tsvetomir
Beginner

Hello, 
Thanks for the link. But actually it is not hitting my question. I just cannot find MAX10 FPGA 10M16SCU324 in order to start configuring the decoupling scenarios. It's just missing. What is your suggestion on how to proceed with the decoupling strategy without having the right device on place. 

Thanks,

Tsvetomir 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @tsvetomir

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some inquiries regarding Intel® MAX 10 device 10M16SCU324. We have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Programmable Devices Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Tsvetomir 

I came across a similar request and the feedback is as such:

User could substitute with 10M*SC_U169 device and compensate by customizing BGA Via menu in System_Decap Tab.

This will include the correct single supply device die character and the package type character.
If different than SCU324 package, edit the BGA # so the solder balls and BGA character can be matched.

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Tsvetomir 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
tsvetomir
Beginner

Hello, 
I think the idea is really good. But how can I deal with the discrepancies between the SCU169 and SCU324 not only in power balls, but also in the number of IO banks. SCU169 has 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 , 1A, 1B  whereas SCU324 has 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1A, 1B. The question is, how can I compensate this difference in the number of IO banks? 

0 Kudos