Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

8b/10b in altgx

vkc
Beginner
Hii,I am working on sata protocol,I am using stratix 4 device for the same and I have enabled 8b/10b encoding scheme, I have used the word alignment pattern as 0010111100(k28.5) on both transmitter and reciever.

I am getting incorrect data at the reciever and rx_errordetect signal is high, can anyone help me solve this.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi

Are you performing a loopback test (TX -> RX)? Is this internal or external?

Can you please start with 8 bits data first for easier debugging, and then do let us know what data actually receive at the receiver?

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
vkc
Beginner

Hii, when i sent BC(k28.5) from the transmitter side my making the control code 1 i have recieved data correctly at the reciever .But when i sent a D word(01100110) by making control code 0 on the reciever side i have recieved as (01111001).

I have gone through stratix 4 transciever architecture specifications, according to my understanding for valid k groups control code has to be made 1 and for D words it is 0. Correct me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Yes, your understanding is correct in terms of the control code. As per the following link (page 27), after reset, did you send enough K28.5 for synchronizing before transmitting data?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/stratix-iv/stx4_siv52001.pdf

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos