Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

A Tale of Two Cyclones

roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

Much confusion surrounding Cyclone 10 LP vs. Cyclone 10 GX seems to come up on a regular basis. This is the result of unfortunate naming decisions, which I assume were made by marketing people and not engineers. Anyhow, let's try to clear things up for everyone:

• The Cyclone 10 GX family is architecturally closely related to the Arria 10 family.
  • The Cyclone 10 LP family is architecturally closely related to the Cyclone IV E family.
  • The Cyclone 10 GX family and the Cyclone 10 LP family are not architecturally closely related to each other, nor to the Cyclone V family.

And as for tool chain support:

• The Cyclone 10 GX family is supported in Quartus Pro, but not Quartus Standard Edition.
  • The Cyclone 10 LP family is supported in Quartus Standard Edition, but not Quartus Pro.

Cheers,

-Roee

1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you for your invaluable contributions to the forum platform. Your willingness to share knowledge and support others has created a vibrant and collaborative community. A virtual toast to you for making the forum a valuable resource for all. 

Keep up the great work! ; )

Cheers,

Richard Tan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you for your invaluable contributions to the forum platform. Your willingness to share knowledge and support others has created a vibrant and collaborative community. A virtual toast to you for making the forum a valuable resource for all. 

Keep up the great work! ; )

Cheers,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos