Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

A10 CPRI example design

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi, we have a A10GX board which needs to support CPRI 6.0 protocol. I wonder is there a CPRI example design.

Appreciate help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the CPRI v6 example design. For your information, you can generate the example design from the IP -> Generate Example Design. This will generate a simulation with test bench. For further details in running this example, you may refer to CPRI v6.0 IP Core User Guide -> "Running the Testbench". Please let me know if there is any concern. thank you.

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi @cheepinc_Intel​ ,

For other IPs, (such as 10GE MAC, etc), we can easily generate an IP example in “Parameter Editor”, we can open the example in Quartus Pro, compile it, and try execute on HW board.

But for CPRI IP, it seems there's only a testbench to be generated? we cann't open and compile it on Quartus, and execute it on hardware. Is that true ?

I just want to have a cpri example to verify our customer board Pin Assignment correct ot not . Thanks

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, Yes you are right. The IP can only generate test bench. For HW design example, as I search into the Design Store, I come across one CPRI example design as following: https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/16.0.0/Standard/cpri_98_comp_iqmap_a10/ As a workaround, you can try to look into this design to see if it will be helpful. Note that as I look through the user guide, some of the reference are pointed to alterawiki which was no longer accessible. Also, the design seems to be for Q16.0. Thus, you might need to try out to see if this design will work for you. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos