Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

ARRIA 10 – PCIe MultiFunction with Qsys Avalon-MM

JET60200
New Contributor I

hello,

We are using A10 in our FPGA design,  also we use Qsys AVMM to transmit&receive data between Host PCIe RC and FPGA EP. 

Now we need the FPGA card to support " PCIe Multifunction " (two functions ).  How can we reach it ?   Any suggestion or examples for us ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Multifunction in A10 is supported for Avalon-ST Interface with SR-IOV only but not Avalon MM.

To generate the SR-IOV Design Example, you may follow the steps in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_sriov.pdf

(Chapter 2.3 Generating the SR-IOV Design Example)

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi  @KhaiChein_Y_Intel @Khai,

since our current project uses is "AVMM" DMA inetrface, I worry whether we can change to  ST DMA mode.

Besides SRIOV IP, isn't there any other options to realize multiFunuction PCIe fucntion ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

To use multifunction PCIe, you have to use the SRIOV, which is available in AV-ST only.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos