Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Agilex F series ICCMAX of all power rails

fupwang
Beginner

Do Intel has a peak current data for system develop engineer? I know the PTC tool, but looks it need many infomations from FPGA project. I can not make sure the data filled is exact as a system role. Just want to know the peak data of all power rails current. I select AGFA027R25A2E2V as FPGA device. wish your reply.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for posting a question here and I'm happy to help! But first I will need to understand your inquiry a little bit more. Can you elaborate what data you are looking for? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
fupwang
Beginner

Hi AminT

Thanks for your reply. I am asking for the maximum current numbers of all power rails of Agilex F series device AGFA027R25A2E2V. I know Intel suggests to use PTC tools to calculate a pretty accurate data. But I try the PTC and looks it need many output datas from verilog project. And I just want the peak numbers not the exact numbers that followed the real FPGA project. The numbers are like VCC/VCCP-->52.2A peak, VCCR_CORE-->4.5A. Guess Intel should have the data about how large the numbers of all power rails are when they cost the maximum power consumption. thanks.

0 Kudos
fupwang
Beginner

Anyone from Intel can help this? 

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You can calculate field-programmable gate power consumption for Intel Agilex devices using the Intel FPGA Power and Thermal Calculator, and for more accurate power estimation, use the Power Analyzer in the Intel Quartus Prime Software. Intel recommends that you switch from the Intel FPGA Power and Thermal Calculator to the Power Analyzer once your design is available.

Do you have full design? We would recommend you to use Power Analyzer inside Quartus if you have your design. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
fupwang
Beginner

Hi AminT

I know about PTC. it need more data from verilog project. I just need a maximum data for power design. Do intel have these data? 

fupwang_0-1646272279313.png

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Do you have full design or not? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
fupwang
Beginner

Hi

I do not have a full FPGA design. Want to assess power consumption before starting board design and FPGA design. 

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We cannot assume the maximum current because different design requires different current consumption. Thus, the only way for you to know the value is to have your full design ready.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos