Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Auto-negotiation failed in MAX 10 FPGA development kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using MAX 10 FPGA development kit (10M50DAF484C6GES). I am using the simple server socket example design (downloaded from altera design store) to test the ethernet ports. I changed the IP address in simple_socket_server.h because dhcp timeout condition. 

# define IPADDR0 192# define IPADDR1 168# define IPADDR2 1# define IPADDR3 230 

# define GWADDR0 192# define GWADDR1 168# define GWADDR2 1# define GWADDR3 1 

Ethernet port A is working fine. Same simple server socket example design used to test the port B by changing the constraints file according to portB. The output which I'm getting from console was shown in the attached file. The auto-negotiation is failing while testing ethernet port B. The MAC address, which I'm getting is correct one. If anybody having any idea regarding this issue would be appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I used the project (which is available in board update portal of REV-C max 10 development board installation kit) also to test the ethernet port B. When I tried with already available .sof and .elf file Auto negotiation is passing. The recompiled design is working with existing .elf file but, when I try with the .elf file by creating application project for web_server (the source files which is available in the update portal project is used) is not working. It is displaying Auto-negotiation failed. Is there any settings I need to change to work with Port B.  

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos