Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

Combining Active Serial and JTAG for Configuration

HSteg
Novice

Chapter 8 of the Configuration Handbook describes combining different configuration schemes. In the section that describes combining AS (Active Serial) mode and JTAG mode, this chapter indicates the JTAG interface is used to configure the FPGA while the AS interface is used to program the serial configuration device.

In this configuration, can the JTAG interface also be used to program the serial configuration device?

Thanks,

Hal 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your clarification. For your question, yes it can be. However, you will need to use different bitstream for that. To program the flash device, you will need to generate JIC programming file. To program FPGA, you will need to generate SOF programming file for that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry, before we get started. May i know which device are you referring to?

0 Kudos
HSteg
Novice

Hi YuanLi,

I'm referring to a Arria II GX device (EP2AGX65CU17I3G).

Hal

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your clarification. For your question, yes it can be. However, you will need to use different bitstream for that. To program the flash device, you will need to generate JIC programming file. To program FPGA, you will need to generate SOF programming file for that.

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

I am glad that it helps. I am closing this thread. If you feel this is helping you, kindly give me a good rating. Thanks

0 Kudos
HSteg
Novice

Thanks for your quick and informative replies!  I appreciate it.

Hal

0 Kudos