Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20637 Discussions

Configuring a FLEX 6000 with an EPCQ config device

JWall40
Beginner

I'm looking for a replacement for the EPC1LC20N  which I am currently using to configure FLEX 6000 devices.

I see in PDN 1708 that there is no replacement specified for this part. 

Is there a way I can use an EPCQ device or generic flash to program a FLEX 6000 device?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

Flex6K uses a passive serial configuration scheme. If you don't have a programmable controller in your application that can perform the configuration load process, a serial flash in combination with a low pincount microcontroller (e.g. PIC16 or PIC18) should be the solution with lowest cost and board area utilization.

Frank

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

Flex6K uses a passive serial configuration scheme. If you don't have a programmable controller in your application that can perform the configuration load process, a serial flash in combination with a low pincount microcontroller (e.g. PIC16 or PIC18) should be the solution with lowest cost and board area utilization.

Frank

JWall40
Beginner

Perfect, thanks Frank

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos