Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Cyclone 10GX VCCIO 3.3V

Lnguyen
Beginner

Hello,
I'm reading datasheet for Cyclone 10GX (10CX105) and VCCIO absolute max is 4.10V while the recommended operation is 3.15V max. I'm having many other peripherals running 3.3V LVTTL/LVCMOS both inputs & outputs.

So is it OK to connect VCCIO to 3.3V?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

That will be safe. Is all your questions addressed? I will close this case if there is no update from you in 3 days.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Lnguyen,

The answer is yes to your question because Vccio of 3.3V is complied with it's I/O Standard. While the absolute maximum value ratings for Vccio is 4.10V it is safer to set the Vccio near the recommended value. You can refer on Table 26 page 78 of this document to see the I/O Standards: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-10/c10lp-51003.pdf

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Lnguyen
Beginner

Hello,
Thank you for sharing the document on 10LP, and I assume it would be same for 10GX. Yes, I'm using 10GX on my design and connect to multiple devices with 3.3V operation. The actual voltage can be from 3.27V to 3.34V. I just want to make sure not to damage device 10GX.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

That will be safe. Is all your questions addressed? I will close this case if there is no update from you in 3 days.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos