Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Cyclone IV device support / end of service date

mdelgado86
Beginner

I am making projects with Cyclone IV devices because of their low cost, but I don't know if Intel is going to support this family for the next years.

Does anybody have a document or webpage where the end of service date of Cyclone IV Devices is shown?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community.

For your information, the Cyclone IV device families are in the mature phase and they are still recommended for new designs. It should not be obsolete within these few years but the life cycle is depending on its order volume. You may subscribe to our customer notification mailing list for the notification of Altera devices when it is going to be discontinued:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/quality-and-reliability/pcns-and-advisories.html

Should you have any further feedback or concern, do feel free to drop me a note.   

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community.

For your information, the Cyclone IV device families are in the mature phase and they are still recommended for new designs. It should not be obsolete within these few years but the life cycle is depending on its order volume. You may subscribe to our customer notification mailing list for the notification of Altera devices when it is going to be discontinued:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/quality-and-reliability/pcns-and-advisories.html

Should you have any further feedback or concern, do feel free to drop me a note.   

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcelo,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous response that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos
mdelgado86
Beginner

Hi Chia Ling,

Thanks for your kind response, so I will continue to use Cyclone IV devices in my designs.

Regards.

0 Kudos