Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Cyclone V - Active Serial using MT25Q. Do you connect AS_DATA0 to the DQ0 on the chip?

TMayd
Novice

Now that the Micron MT25Q are validated to work with active serial I was just wondering for the MT25QL128 chip if I route it similarly as I would have wired the EPCQ devices? I am just a bit overwhelmed with the mismatching documentation I'm seeing everywhere to properly configure the cyclone v now.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi TMayd,

Yes, you are correct. The pin connection for MT25Q devices should be similar as with the EPCQ pin connection to the Cyclone V device. You can actually refer to the Stratix V development kit schematic on the connection since it is using NT25Q256 device for AS configuration.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-sv-gx-host.html

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TMayd
Novice

Thank you, this is perfect. In my "Device and Pin Options" I would select active serial x4 but then it doesn't give me the option to choose my MT25Q configuration device? Do I just select auto? Do potentially have access to development kit for a Cyclone VE that could also share? Again thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi TMayd,

You need to use Convert Programming File utilities in Quartus Prime v18.1 to generate the programming files (.jic/.pof) for MT25QL devices. You can refer to the attached screen shot.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TMayd
Novice

Thank you again for the reply this helps a lot

0 Kudos