Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20714 Discussions

DE1-SoC - HPS DMA example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've been trying to run the HPS DMA for the Cyclone V SoC Development kit on De1-SoC, however, I've been having many issues. I've tried building the project in DS-5 as described in the readme file along with running it from the embedded command shell. I would have issues not defining soc_cv_av or soc_a10 even though I did include soc_cv_av in the paths for the include files. I also had issues with unknown types and undefined references which I was able to fix within DS-5. I was never able to get the axf executable to run on DE1 though.  

Is it not possible to run the HPS DMA example (link below) on a different dev kit with a cyclone v? 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples.html#soc-design-examples 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You might consider contacting an Altera FAE or if you know of someone in the Training department send them an email. If you don't know an FAE I would open a Service Ticket and ask for an FAE to help.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You might consider contacting an Altera FAE or if you know of someone in the Training department send them an email. If you don't know an FAE I would open a Service Ticket and ask for an FAE to help. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for the advice, I've opened a service ticket.
0 Kudos