Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
18954 Discussions

DE1 borad programer can't read hardware

Sgissa
Novice

Hey i am a college student  and I want to use the de1 board but after i made the code (in quartus Prime lite edition 20.1.1) i complie it and then try to use the programmer to tryprogram my board. The de1 board doesn't show up. it says no hadware.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The driver is part of the Quartus installation. For example, it will be in "C:\intelFPGA_pro\20.2\quartus\drivers" if you install the full quartus 20.2 installation.

You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/drivers/dri-... for all the driver.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you install the driver for your OS (USB-Blaster)?

Sgissa
Novice
Sgissa
Novice
Sgissa
Novice

Where do I Find the USB Blaste II Driver, could you send me a link please?

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

How do you connect your PC to the DE1 board? Have you power up the board?

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you try the step below which is to disable the Driver Signature to install the driver?

1 - Go to windows 10 settings and search for "advanced startup options" 

2 - Under Advanced startup, hit "Restart now" 

3 - After a moment, you'll get a "choose an option" screen - choose "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options", then "Startup Settings" 

4 - You'll get a screen telling you what you will be able to change and a single "Restart" button - press it. 

5 - If your boot drive is BitLocker encrypted, you'll need to enter the recovery key (press return, enter the key in the text box then hit return again - it took me three goes to realize I had to hit return before I could enter they key !) 

6 - You'll be given a menu of options, number 7 disables driver signature enforcement 

7 - When the PC restarts, use Device manager to update the drivers - this time you'll get a warning about the signature, but they install fine. 

8 - When you've finished, restart normally to re-enable signature enforcement

Sgissa
Novice

I tried this and it didn't change anything, I can't find the USB blaster II driver on the intel site how can i download it or where can i download it. I believe i don't have the driver installed that's the problem. Could you please send me your phone number to call so i can get this whole thing figured out at once. I really need this resolved, I am falling behind in my class because of this issue 

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The driver is part of the Quartus installation. For example, it will be in "C:\intelFPGA_pro\20.2\quartus\drivers" if you install the full quartus 20.2 installation.

You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/drivers/dri-... for all the driver.

Sgissa
Novice

YO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HELP I WAS ABLE TO FIX IT, I JUST DIDN'T DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER THAT WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM