Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

DE1 borad programer can't read hardware

Sgissa
Novice

Hey i am a college student  and I want to use the de1 board but after i made the code (in quartus Prime lite edition 20.1.1) i complie it and then try to use the programmer to tryprogram my board. The de1 board doesn't show up. it says no hadware.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The driver is part of the Quartus installation. For example, it will be in "C:\intelFPGA_pro\20.2\quartus\drivers" if you install the full quartus 20.2 installation.

You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/drivers/dri-index.html for all the driver.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you install the driver for your OS (USB-Blaster)?

0 Kudos
Sgissa
Novice
0 Kudos
Sgissa
Novice
0 Kudos
Sgissa
Novice

Where do I Find the USB Blaste II Driver, could you send me a link please?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

How do you connect your PC to the DE1 board? Have you power up the board?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you try the step below which is to disable the Driver Signature to install the driver?

1 - Go to windows 10 settings and search for "advanced startup options" 

2 - Under Advanced startup, hit "Restart now" 

3 - After a moment, you'll get a "choose an option" screen - choose "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options", then "Startup Settings" 

4 - You'll get a screen telling you what you will be able to change and a single "Restart" button - press it. 

5 - If your boot drive is BitLocker encrypted, you'll need to enter the recovery key (press return, enter the key in the text box then hit return again - it took me three goes to realize I had to hit return before I could enter they key !) 

6 - You'll be given a menu of options, number 7 disables driver signature enforcement 

7 - When the PC restarts, use Device manager to update the drivers - this time you'll get a warning about the signature, but they install fine. 

8 - When you've finished, restart normally to re-enable signature enforcement

0 Kudos
Sgissa
Novice

I tried this and it didn't change anything, I can't find the USB blaster II driver on the intel site how can i download it or where can i download it. I believe i don't have the driver installed that's the problem. Could you please send me your phone number to call so i can get this whole thing figured out at once. I really need this resolved, I am falling behind in my class because of this issue 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The driver is part of the Quartus installation. For example, it will be in "C:\intelFPGA_pro\20.2\quartus\drivers" if you install the full quartus 20.2 installation.

You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/drivers/dri-index.html for all the driver.

0 Kudos
Sgissa
Novice

YO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HELP I WAS ABLE TO FIX IT, I JUST DIDN'T DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER THAT WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM

0 Kudos