Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19317 Discussions

Difficulty setting pin Impedance

TBake8
Beginner

I'm trying to learn how to implement a 3V LVTTL interface using a Cyclone IV E (EP4CE10) FPGA. However, I would like to ensure that the input/output impedances of the IO is at 50R. I see that it is possible to achieve this In the IO Features guide here on page 7, providing I use column/row IO 4, 8, 12 and 16. However, I am confused as to what the actually means.

Presumably there are only certain IO that can use this feature, but I cannot seem to find which specific pins this applies to.

Reading the Cyclone IV handbook here on page 122 onwards, it talks about banks which I think I understand - but it doesn't tell me which specific pins this applies to - nor do I see anything about 'rows' or 'columns'. Furthermore I can't see how to actually ensure that the input/output Z can be set to 50R.

In short, how can find out which pins I can use and how do I set the impedance on the device?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

From the above I can assume that the impedance that is been briefed is about the OCT . The Table 6-2 give you the setting for the OCT ( page no: 7)

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-iv/cyiv-51006.pd...

Kindly follow the table .