Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Does the ddr3 descrete components' command & address signals need termination resistors for c10?

WLin30
Beginner

I have design a board c5+descrete ddr3 component which command & address signals do not have termination resistors which run ok. I am not sure wheter C10  also ok for such design.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The DDR3 discrete components' command & address signals are required the termination resistor.

In Cyclone 10, you can use the internal termination scheme such as on-chip termination (OCT) and on-die termination (ODT) instead of external termination resistor.

You can always refer to Cyclone 10 EMIF User Guide in the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-20116.pdf

May I know whether you setup the OCT and ODT on your design Cyclone V with DDR3?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
WLin30
Beginner

Do you mean that by setting Cyclone10's OCT/ODT that need not external termination resistor?

0 Kudos
WLin30
Beginner

If yes, how to set the EMIF's parameters?

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir,

You can set your EMIF's parameter according to your memory spec and datasheet.

For the OCT/ODT, you are encourage to perform on board simulation to get the optimal value.

As I stated in my previous comment, you can always refer to the Cyclone 10 EMIF User Guide to setup your EMIF's parameter.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir,

Do you have any question regarding to this topic?

Thanks,

Adzim

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi WLin30,

I hope you are doing well.

I have to close the case since you don't have further question for this case.

You can always file a new case if you get the problem or issue in using the Intel product.

Thank you for using Intel Community.

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos