Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20690 Discussions

Dynamic reconfiguration of E-Tile with different data rates

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Hello!

I've a question regarding the possibilities of the dynamic reconfiguration of the E-tile transceivers.

I'd like to instantiated two different transceiver settings with four channels per standalone transceiver.

Is it possible to reconfigure those standalone transceivers within one E-tile with different data rates e.g.: 1st quad of channels running with NRZ @ 8 Gbps and 2nd quad of channels running with NRZ with any other data rate (1.2 Gbps, 5 Gbps, etc.)?

Are those data rates in any relationship if they're in a single E-tile? Or is it possible to define them individually?

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to dynamic re-configuring the individual E-Tile XCVR channels in NRZ mode with two different data rates. I presume that you are using the Native PHY in PMA direct mode. There should be no issue to performing individual dynamic rate change. You may make use of the Embedded Reconfiguration Streamer and Multiple Reconfiguration Profiles in Native PHY to facilitate your rate change as well.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to dynamic re-configuring the individual E-Tile XCVR channels in NRZ mode with two different data rates. I presume that you are using the Native PHY in PMA direct mode. There should be no issue to performing individual dynamic rate change. You may make use of the Embedded Reconfiguration Streamer and Multiple Reconfiguration Profiles in Native PHY to facilitate your rate change as well.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'll use the reconfiguration profiles, I think that's the best way to do the reconfig.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

You are most welcome.

0 Kudos