Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

EN2342QI frequency

AjayKhedekar
Beginner

I am using EN2342QI 4A PowerSoC Step-Down DC-DC Switching Converter with Integrated Inductor for one of our FPGA base application. I have gone through datasheet and i have understand the most of design process as well as maximum limits. Also i have gone through Table 6. RA, CA, and RCA Values for Various PVIN/VOUT Combinations: Low VOUT Ripple vs. Smallest Solution Size. As this table is for predefine values <1.,1.2,1.5,1.8,2.5,3.3 and 5V and provide related application component. As this chip has variable output range between 0.75 to 5v and depends on voltage divider network. i would like use the this chip for use of 1.35V application and i can calculate the feedback network but i was not able find out the calculation for RFS and RCLX which is external frequency setting resistor and a resistor for adjustment of the over-current protection threshold.
i have gone through the some reference schematic of development board which uses the same chip for power generation.
it will be helpful if you provide the calculation for these external resistors or any design documents for the same?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mostafa_Intel_AE
Employee

Hello @AjayKhedekar ,

You can use 1.5V Rclx and RFS values for 1.35V output.

Mostafa_Intel_AE_0-1617923886397.png

Thanks,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
AjayKhedekar
Beginner

Hi Mostafa_Intel_AE,

Yes i am using that in my design for completing but in this case i am not sure about working frequency regulator and and OCP trip point in this case as these all are interdependent with each other on PVIN,VOUT,RCLX and RFS.

it will great if i got some related calculation of those resistor.

Ajay 

0 Kudos
Mostafa_Intel_AE
Employee

Hi @AjayKhedekar ,

The Fsw will be 1.1MHz and the OCP=6A.

Thanks,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
AjayKhedekar
Beginner

Hello Mostafa,

As i am struggling to find out the calculations or formulas, Could you please share details of calculation or formulas to calculate the values if you have or any links or reference which will help me to use as per my application ?

Regards

Ajay

0 Kudos