Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Error (176661)

nome
Novice

Hello

Apparently  My codes already running on cyclone IV perfectly now I switch to my code to Arria II GX FPGA below error are occurs and I couldn't solve yet 

Could someone help us where we are wrong  

Error (176661): I/O "altmemddr_0_memory_mem_dq[0]" has a memory interface specific sub-block, but has no memory interface grouping assignment specified

Thanks 

Nome

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Did you review the explanation in Quartus help?

CAUSE: The specified I/O has a memory interface specific sub-block, but is not associated with a DQ_GROUP or MEMORY_INTERFACE_DATA_PIN_GROUP. To ensure that these sub-blocks get placed, the corresponding I/Os must be associated with a DQ_GROUP or MEMORY_INTERFACE_DATA_PIN_GROUP.

ACTION: Add memory interface grouping assignments to the specified I/Os. In most cases, this can be done by running Tcl Scripts generated by the ALTMEMPHY MegaWizard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Did you review the explanation in Quartus help?

CAUSE: The specified I/O has a memory interface specific sub-block, but is not associated with a DQ_GROUP or MEMORY_INTERFACE_DATA_PIN_GROUP. To ensure that these sub-blocks get placed, the corresponding I/Os must be associated with a DQ_GROUP or MEMORY_INTERFACE_DATA_PIN_GROUP.

ACTION: Add memory interface grouping assignments to the specified I/Os. In most cases, this can be done by running Tcl Scripts generated by the ALTMEMPHY MegaWizard.
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It's not clear whether you regenerated the IP either.  You can't just move IP from one device to another without regenerating it for the new device because of the different resources available.

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos