Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20692 Discussions

Error (209027): Verification failed for device number 1

JulioBo
Beginner

I get an error whenever trying to program an altera cyclone FPGA. I am trying to use the command line tool quartus_pgm in order to do this. I am currently on pop!_OS 20.04 linux (Ubuntu based) system, using 13.0sp1 quartus and trying to program the FPGA via an USB-Blaster. 

The result can be seen in the screenshot in attached  files.

Can anyone help me with error 209027?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The error is happening during verification. It seems like the device part number selected in the quartus design is not same as the hardware. Please change the device part number again.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/msgs/msgs/epgme_device_verify_error.htm

Thank You.

0 Kudos
JulioBo
Beginner

I checked the options of quartus_pgm and did not find where to change the device part number. I do not have much experience using quartus. 

I did find a way to list devices connected to the cable using:

quartus_pgm -c "USB-Blaster" -a

The result can be seen in the screenshot in attachments. Here it can be seen that it results in "Unable to read device chain (JTAG chain broken)". 

I have not yet been able to resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since the JTAG Chain is broken. Can you try the following?

• Reinstall the driver.
  • Add the lines as shown at link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/drivers/dri-usb_b-lnx.html

• Kill the JTAG with "killall jtagd" and try again.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos