Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

EthernetBlasterII: Firewall - which network communication protocols/ports are being used

OAust
Novice

Hi,

We need to put equipment like the EthernetBlasterII behind a firewall and hence we need to know which ports we have to add rules for.

One of the results when googling for Ethernet Blaster II and network ports in use stated the following:
"It was not trivial.  The Ethernet blaster uses different ports for different functions."

A nmap scan shows the following open TCP-ports on one of our EthernetBlasters:
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
1309/tcp open  jtag-server

We are hoping to get some answers to the questions below, any help is appreciated:

- Are there any other ports that may come into play once a session is started?
- E.g. dynamically opened ports based on the type of use?
- Are any UDP-ports being used or is everything done via TCP?
- Do the EthernetBlasterII initiate any TCP/UDP connections other than DHCP, or are all communication based on being initiated from the client?

A complete list of ports would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Oddgeir Austad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I am Farabi who will be supporting your request. I will answer your questions below:

<ANS> No. Ethernet Blaster will only open HTTP port 80, SSH port 22 and Jtag-server port 1309

<ANS> every transmission will be using TCP only. 

- Do the EthernetBlasterII initiate any TCP/UDP connections other than DHCP, or are all communication based on being initiated from the client?

<ANS> All connection will be initiated from client. 

You can first disable the firewall , to see if ethernet blaster ii can be detected in your network or not. 

regards,
Farabi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I am Farabi who will be supporting your request. I will answer your questions below:

<ANS> No. Ethernet Blaster will only open HTTP port 80, SSH port 22 and Jtag-server port 1309

<ANS> every transmission will be using TCP only. 

<ANS> All connection will be initiated from client. 

You can first disable the firewall , to see if ethernet blaster ii can be detected in your network or not. 

regards,
Farabi

OAust
Novice

Hi Farabi,

thank you for the clear and precise answer! I guess we thought it was worse than it actually is.

Regards,
Oddgeir

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos