Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Example quartus project for transceiver toolkit for Arria 10 GX

TWatt3
Novice

Hello,

Are there any example quartus projects for ttransceiver toolkit for the Arria 10 GX parts?

I found one for the Arria V part, but some of the qsys components are not valid for the Arria 10 GX part.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are looking for A10 example design with toolkit. You can try to refer to the following to see if it is helpful:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/Arria10-Transceiver-PHY-Basic-Design-Examples/ta-p/735196 -> "Arria 10 Native PHY with Transceiver Toolkit design example"

Thank you.

0 Kudos
TWatt3
Novice

Hi CheePin_C_Intel,

Thanks for the information.

I watched the following training:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/otcvrkita10.html

This gave good information.

I tried this on my board with an Arria 10 GX part and enabled the following options for the PCIE core in platform designer:

(1) Enable dynamic reconfiguration of PCIe read-only registers

(2) Enable Transceiver dynamic reconfiguration

(3) Enable Altera Debug Master Endpoint

When I open Transceiver Toolkit, the USB connection is seen and OI can load the design from SOF or QPF

But there are no devices listed for me to "Link From Design" (see attached)

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Sorry as I am not familiar with using Transceiver toolkit with the PCIe core. As I understand it, the online training should be referring to the simple Native PHY IP core. It is recommended for you to try with simple Native PHY design like the one I share previously. If with simple Native PHY design, it is working, then we could narrow down to PCIe core related. We will need your help to duplicate a new thread so that our PCIe expert could further assist.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
TWatt3
Novice

Hi CheePin,

I tried to use one of the examples at:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/Arria10-Transceiver-PHY-Basic-Design-Examples/ta-p/735196

specifically the "Arria 10 Native PHY with Transceiver Toolkit design example"..

So far I have not been able to get it to work.

I have also tried other designs and cannot get Transceiver Toolkit to recognize the device.  It recognizes the USB blaster, but not the FPGA device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Todd Watts

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I understand that you have tested with the simple example design but seems like no A10 device is being detected. One of the possible root cause might not be related to toolkit but related to the JTAG connection. Can you try to lower down the JTAG frequency ie from 24MHz to 16MHz or lower to see if it is working.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos