Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

Excalibur family User's manual

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm looking for any documentation, user's manual, data sheets, programmer's guides, etc. on the Excalibur family of devices. All I can find for the EPXA4F672C1 device is a 16 page Device Overview data sheet dated May 2002. Does anyone have any archived pdf files on the Excalibur family they would be willing to share?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As far as I can tell, the Excalibur is a very old (18+ years!) development kit, not a device as such. The Excalibur Board has an APEX device on it, which was last supported by Quartus 9.0 - 9 years ago. 

Any reason you're interested in such old technology?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Lets just say end of life support of a very old system. The EPXA4F672C1 has an ARM processor embedded. I would like to know how the ARM and the FPGA portion interact

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You might be best raising a mysupport ticket. I doubt you will get any more support that I can google, which I assume you have also done. 

Good luck
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes I have. 

Thank you for filing a Service Request with Intel PSG. Please note that the support for your chosen area had been discontinued.  

Just hoping for the off chance some engineer still had old pdf files on a hard drive somewhere.
0 Kudos