Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Flash device - It's possible to replace the MT25QL256 (Micron) to MX25L25645G (MXIC)?

Amir3
New Contributor I

Hey everyone,

Backgrund about my system:

- FPGA - Cyclone5 - part number 5CEFA7U19I7. Active serial configuration. 

- Old Flash memory device - part number MT25QL256 (Micron).

- New Flash memory device - part number MX25L25645G (MXIC).

It's possible to replace the flash device from MT25QL256 to MX25L25645G?

The IP Core "Serial Flash Controller II Intel FPGA IP" will know how to handle this?

Note - MX25L25645G is not in the 'Configuration device type' list under this IP Core.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hello, 

It is recommended to use the flash that's in the list. If the device is not in the list, meaning the flash has not been tested working with Intel FGPA devices.

You can also try to convert the programming file from .sof to .jic. for that particular flash device.

regards,

Farabi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello, 

It is recommended to use the flash that's in the list. If the device is not in the list, meaning the flash has not been tested working with Intel FGPA devices.

You can also try to convert the programming file from .sof to .jic. for that particular flash device.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos