Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19191 Discussions

Help using the audio codec on my DE2 board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I am new to my Cyclone II DE2 board and I am having a bit of an issue with a project I am trying to work on. Basically i was to assign each switch on my board a different frequency, and every time a switch is flipped, i want that frequency to be played through a pair of headphones on the line out jack. How would I got about this? any pointers? 

Thanks for all the help!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello bfighter, 

Welcome to the forum; 

There is a series of demonstrations that is supplied with the DE2-115 (also DE2-70) it is on the companion cd or you can download it at terrasic. The D:\DE2-115_Fpga_Board\DE2_115_demonstrations\DE2_115_Synthesizer might be of help. 

Best Regards, 

Johi.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello bfighter, 

Welcome to the forum; 

There is a series of demonstrations that is supplied with the DE2-115 (also DE2-70) it is on the companion cd or you can download it at terrasic. The D:\DE2-115_Fpga_Board\DE2_115_demonstrations\DE2_115_Synthesizer might be of help. 

Best Regards, 

Johi. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you so much Johi! i've borrowed my board from my school and they did not provide me with a CD, but i found it on terasic. It's going to take me some time to figure out what everything means but at least i have it now!