Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

High Level Synthesis

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear admin(s) and members, 

I am new in this forum. I need your help. I want to try the High Level Synthesis tool by Intel but I can't find the link for the installation. Is there any chance I can get the High Level Synthesis tool by Intel for free or trial version ? or it can only be bought ? 

Please do reply :(
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HLS is a Xilinx tool - Intel/Altera's Competitor.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

HLS is a Xilinx tool - Intel/Altera's Competitor. 

--- Quote End ---  

Tricky thanks for the reply :). I would not say "HLS" is the Xilink tool. HLS is a design process and Intel also has it. Earlier they had A++ but it's no more available. Now they have this which is called "intel® high-level synthesis (hls) compiler"....below is the link  

https://www.altera.com/products/design-software/high-level-design/intel-hls-compiler/overview.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I guess they're playing catch up to Xilinx. I note the link you posted says you can contact intel for Beta access, meaning Intel dont have a HLS solution released yet.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes they have Beta access. I have contacted them but all in vain. Still waiting for their reply. The only possible way to contact them via email was through the Webmaster email.  

Is there any other email also which is more quick in in replying ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Like it says, contact your FAE, not the webmaster. 

But with these tools, unless you're a bigger customer, or a valid business case for using it, you're unlikely to get Beta Access.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes that I understand. And I'm in Germany and our FAE has no contact email. The only solution is to call them.Actually I've been using Xilinx Vivado HLS so I thought I could use Altera's HLS tool also.

0 Kudos