Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

High-Speed Transceiver Voltage/Termination overview

SimonRichter
New Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to match voltage and termination requirements for a protocol against the available I/O standards in CycloneIV GX and CycloneV GX.

The statement I'd like to arrive at is something like "selecting this standard will make the transceiver output 1V differential with 100 ohms source impedance."

Is there an overview table like that?

A good example of what I'm looking for is Figure 2 in The Evolution of High-Speed Transceiver Technology, but with more recent standards included.

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the supported termination and the VOD for CIVGX and CVGX transceivers. For your information, in the transceivers for each device, generally the different supported IO standards shares similar specs. 

You may refer to the following tables in the device datasheets for further details:

1. CIV GX device datasheet tables

i. Transceiver Specification for Cyclone IV GX Devices" -> "Receiver" and "Transmitter"

ii. Typical VOD Setting, Tx Term = 100 Ohm

2. CVGX device datasheet tables

i. Receiver Specifications for Cyclone V GX, GT, SX, and ST Devices

ii. Transmitter Specifications for Cyclone V GX, GT, SX, and ST Devices

iii. Typical TX VOD Setting for Cyclone V Transceiver Channels with termination of 100

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the supported termination and the VOD for CIVGX and CVGX transceivers. For your information, in the transceivers for each device, generally the different supported IO standards shares similar specs. 

You may refer to the following tables in the device datasheets for further details:

1. CIV GX device datasheet tables

i. Transceiver Specification for Cyclone IV GX Devices" -> "Receiver" and "Transmitter"

ii. Typical VOD Setting, Tx Term = 100 Ohm

2. CVGX device datasheet tables

i. Receiver Specifications for Cyclone V GX, GT, SX, and ST Devices

ii. Transmitter Specifications for Cyclone V GX, GT, SX, and ST Devices

iii. Typical TX VOD Setting for Cyclone V Transceiver Channels with termination of 100

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos