Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

How can I revert to old firmware on EthernetBlaster II?

AMess8
Beginner

​I have an EthernetBlaster II that requires an older version of the firmware to be loaded because of compatibility constraints. 519_179 is the version I am trying to restore to. When I do load the firmware through the web interface the device becomes inoperable.  I cannot connect to the configuration page, the status LED is "breathing" yellow, and the factory reset button does engage a reboot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi.

Could you try to hold the Machine Reset to see if you are able to reset the blaster? The reason is that you need to make sure that your blaster has green led before you are able to proceed with firmware changes.

0 Kudos
AMess8
Beginner
The LED was steady green when I loaded the firmware. After loading, the LED turns yellow and pulses. After this, the LED never turns green even after pressing/holding reset. Cycling power does not restore. Also no connection through Ethernet.
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know could you hold the reset and power on the blaster before releasing it?

0 Kudos
AMess8
Beginner
Holding down the reset button, applying power, and then releasing the reset does not recover it.
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It looks like your EthernetBlaster II is bricked and not recoverable anymore as it is not able exit reset.

0 Kudos