Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20690 Discussions

How shoud I start to FPGA?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi friends , 

I'm new with Quartus and I have a DE0 Nano SoC . I have some problems with them.I need sources(pdf,e-book ,webside...) to learn with respectively.Everything is so messy on the internet I need with respectively,I'm used to use ARM Cortex but this is different,so complicated for me for now .For example I can do simple examples without clock signals but if I use clock with .sdc file , it is not working ,also I dont know what the IP is .Like you see ,I need all information like C or C++ books for example Dietel .I'm waiting your helps. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Start here: 

https://www.altera.com/support/training/curricula.html 

Work your way through the fundamental training that you'll need to start going through the advanced training.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Start here: 

https://www.altera.com/support/training/curricula.html 

Work your way through the fundamental training that you'll need to start going through the advanced training. 

--- Quote End ---  

As far as I understand they are paid.I need especially book resources ,my english is not my mother language .But thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

All online training is free and available in a number of languages.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes,I realised . 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sstrell 

in website altera ,lessons are online as far as I understand.Should I wait to open a class? Am I right?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks PietervanderStar I downloaded some books.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not sure I understand, but Intel FPGA offers free online training and live instruction-led (in-person or virtual) training. Just filter the course catalog on online vs. instructor-led training.

0 Kudos