Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

How to check the usage of GCLK resources in quartus project?

BXia
Novice

Hi,

I asked "Is it possible to see how many BUFG by using Quartus software?" in https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/About-the-BUFG-specification-in-Intel-FPGA/m-p/1438749 , and got the answer: Quartus compilation report tells which resources are utilized for specific signals. Generally, it's rarely necessary or even useful to assign clock resources, e.g. clock control blocks in a design manually.

Thanks for that, however, I am still not clearly about it, is there a demo design that assigned clock resources, e.g. clock control blocks manually? I need to check if the Quartus compilation report tells the usage of GCLK resources.  Or the compilation report can't tells it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

There is a Global Signals report in the Compilation Report which is probably what you are looking for.  I forget where it is (don't have Quartus open presently), but it's there.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

There should be a report in compilation report for global clock resource usage. You may check it.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

May I know if there is any update from previous reply? Did you manage to see the report?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos