Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20692 Discussions

How to interface Cyclone 4 FPGA with TI AM 1808 processor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I want know how to interface cyclone4 fpga with Ti Am 1808 processor. I've read the documents from altera but i'm still not getting how to achieve this.. In 1 document titled interfacing an external processor with cyclone 4, its mensioned that we can achieve it through PCI express, SPI & custom bridge, i dont know which one to use. I want the functional block having all signals. Please help me with this regards...Thanks for your time and consideration.. 

Vasanth
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

In AM 1808 does not have PCIe hard IP. How can i interface Cyclone4 FPGA with processor. I require these 2 things, 

1) Identify the interfaces from FPGA(Cyclone4) 

2) How do i configure FPGA? 

Please help me with this regards....:confused:.... Thank you.... 

Vasanth
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check the AM1808 datasheet and select an interface that would cover your requirements. Then implement it in the FPGA.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi cioma, 

I had found that the interface can be done using UPP bus, its acts as PCI. My question is how to configure FPGA? Should i require a serial prom? if yes what is the compatible serial prom? 

Thank You.:) 

Regards 

Vasanth
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Using UPP seems to me to be a good choice. The rest you'd need to figure out by yourself as what you need depends on what you want to get. You might put the technical requirements for your device here so people could make relevant suggestions.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you want to use uPP you need to write UPP communication controller in HDL and then your can configure fpga. 

For configuration you can use different modes, active serial (as), passive serial, etc. See configuration handbook. 

If you choose AS mode you can use any compartible to Altera's EPCS serial rom. Use search in this forum.
0 Kudos