Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

How to set I/O standard on IP block. Serial Flash Loader specifically.

PYtte
New Contributor I

I am using the Cyclone 10 LP Evaluation Kit and trying to implement the Serial Flash Loader to test the IP.

However when I compile the design I get the following error.

Error (169026): Pin SFL:i_serial_flash_loader|altera_serial_flash_loader:serial_flash_loader_0|altserial_flash_loader:altserial_flash_loader_component|\GEN_ASMI_TYPE_0:asmi_inst~ALTERA_DCLK with I/O standard assignment 2.5 V is incompatible with I/O bank 1. I/O standard 2.5 V, has a VCCIO requirement of 2.5V, which incompatible with the I/O bank's VCCIO setting or with other output or bidirectional pins in the I/O bank using a VCCIO requirement of 3.3V.

I get this for ALTERA_DCLK, ALTERA_SCE and ALTERA_SDO. 

They share bank with the parts of the Arduino port on the Evaluation Kit which i have set to 3.3 LVTTL.

I however can´t find the Serial Flash Loader pins in either Pin Planner or Assignment Editor so I can´t assign them to any pins or change them from 2.5 V to 3.3 V. 

In the code I only instantiate the SFL.vdh file with only the "noe_in" input signal. Is there something else I need to instantiate? 

EDIT: I think I solved it. I changed settings in Assignments > Device > Device and Pin Options > Configuration > Configuration Device I/O Voltage.

So I guess I can close this myself.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos