Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

How to view SGDMA data on Qsys path?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

I desperatley need help. 

Long story short, i need to know how to signal tap data in the QSys paths? Can anyone please advise. 

----------------------------------------------- 

more details on what i'm trying to do 

I've built a working Transmitter from the Nios UDP offload example. 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/nios_ii_udp_offload_example 

I've now tried to add the receiver and i think that there is a problem in my hardware path.  

This is because my DHCP fails to pass. I've used a packet sniffer and can see the DHCP server responding, but it doesn't appear to be making into the Nios. 

How can i debug this? I need to see the signals in the Qsys domain
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If You use Avalon-ST Multiplexer, then it won't work. I've opened a service request on Altera support and it's open almost for a half of the year now... I don't remember the core used in udp offload example, but the default one in SOPC doesn't work. 

Also there are issues with Windows DHCP server and InterNiche. I'd offer always do the tests using static IP address.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As always, thank you Socrates for the reply.  

The transmitter is using a custom mux I hacked off the example. It works.  

The dhcp is all good when I don't have a Udp bypass on the receive. So my router works as dhcp.  

It's now that I've added the receiver bypass that it's busted.  

Does that mux problem affect the demur aswell?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Afaik the demux worked, but You need to select the channel. Better give as much information as possible. SOPC/QSYS screenshot, code snippet in pastebin.com and everything You can supply for better understanding for helpers. 

Regarding SGDMA: 

the connections to SGDMA are Avalon-ST type. You'll find startofpacket, endofpacket, data, valid signals on the input and output of the core. Let's say You've named the SGDMA core "sgdma_rx" in SOPC builder, so search for *sgdma_rx* in signaltap, so it'll return all the signals within that core connection.
0 Kudos