Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20735 Discussions

I am looking for a way to initialize the E-tile PAM4 PMA and get it to work properly.

shirley_azi
Beginner

Hi, 

I am currently developing firmware and driver for E-tile transceiver PHY IP on Intel® Agilex™ FPGA F-Series 027(AGFB027).

My FPGA logic development colleague, who has previously worked on Xilinx FPGA development, told me that we need to use the HPS such as A53 Linux driver to initialize the E-tile for it to work properly. However, I have not been able to find any relevant driver program online.

I have referred to the "E-tile Hard IP User Guide E-Tile Hard IP for Ethernet and E-Tile CPRI PHY Intel® FPGA IPs.pdf" and "ug_etile_xcvr_phy-683723-667139.pdf" articles and have completed the Linux driver code according to the description (yet to be tested on the board).

I am puzzled that this IP core has been around for a long time, but I cannot find any relevant Linux or bare-metal driver programs online. Is it possible that my FPGA logic development colleague has misunderstood something?

So I want to know what steps can I follow to bring up the E-tile PAM4 PMA on Intel® Agilex™ E-tile design? Is it done through software driver initialization to make it work properly, or can the logic configure the IP core internally through HDL?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi shirley,

You may refer to the rocketboard because rocketboard got a lot of E-tile project design. For further information, you may refer to link below https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Main/WebHome

Best regards,

Zi Ying

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi shirley,

Thanks for submitting the issue.

Please do allow me have some time to look into the issue and I will get back to you with findings.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
shirley_azi
Beginner

Hi, Zi Ying,

Thank you for your reply.

I will wait for your answer. This will be very helpful for me and avoid me from going down the wrong path.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi shirley,

You may refer to the rocketboard because rocketboard got a lot of E-tile project design. For further information, you may refer to link below https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Main/WebHome

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi shirley,

Do you still have any question about this issue?

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
shirley_azi
Beginner

Hi, Zi Ying,

Thank you very much for the information you provided.

I have tried to search for relevant materials based on it, and it is truly valuable.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi shirley,

Since your solution has been resolved, I am now close the issue. If you have any question after the issue closed, please do feel free to submit another issue.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos