Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

I am trying to program the EPCQ4A device with Quartus 18.1, USBBlaster, Active serial mode then I got the error like "Error (210001): Can't open programming file .pof -- not valid SOF file ".

Radha
Beginner

Hi I am using EPCS1 device in my current design with cyclone 2 FPGA device and for that I have used Quartus 12.1 for programming my configuration device. And after obsolescence of this device I am plannig to use the EPCQ4A device, but this will be supported from Quartus 17.1. Now I am using Quartus 18.1, USB blaster and Active Serial mode. Same like earlier I tried to program the new EPCQ4A device with old .pof file, but when I tried to program I am getting error like "Error (210001): Can't open programming file .pof -- not valid SOF file

". So I thought because of IDE may be i am getting an error like I tried to generate the .pof file with Quartus 18.1 then also i am getting the same error. But when I checked in the document, EPCQ4A devices will support .pof files also. So can you please help me to program the new device with USB blaster in active serial mode?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Radha Pandi,

You will need to generate JIC file instead of POF file for Active Serial Configuration mode.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
Radha
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your response, while i am trying to convert to .jic file using quartus it is asking the input file format as .sof, but i do not have .sof file, I have .pof file for the EPCS1 device and I need to program the EPCQ4A device with the help of old .pof file, can you please help me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Radha.P

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Radha Pandi,

Can you try to recompile the design again? SOF should be able to generate if you have fully compiled your design in Quartus. It is not possible to convert using the tools if there is no option to attach POF.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos