Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

I can program .sof by programmer, but I can’t program .pof by programmer. Why? What would cause this problem?

KWang97
Beginner

I have two pieces of board. One is OK while the other is what I mentioned in the case. I don’t know why I can’t program .pof which could be programmed several days ago.

All are the same including the same programmer for two FPGA board. One can be programmed with .pof by Jtag while the other can’t. Is there problem with hardware of Jtag? I suspect while Both of them can be programmed with .sof by Jtag. Or may be caused by configuration about programming with Jtag?

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Mon Dec 02 14:06:09 2019

Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x031820DD

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Mon Dec 02 14:06:09 2019

Info (209016): Configuring device index 1

Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x031820DD

Info (209007): Configuration succeeded -- 1 device(s) configured

Info (209011): Successfully performed operation(s)

Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Mon Dec 02 14:06:12 2019

Error (209012): Operation failed

Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Mon Dec 02 14:06:12 2019

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

HI,

I would like to request the members in Intel community please always provide specific details about tool(Quartus) edition & version, device part number & if possible screenshot in thread details for narrow down the issue.

If you are using Max 10 devices in you custom board, please go through the below solutions & let me know if you have any different issue with above details.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyTB4SAM/max10-pof-programming-fail

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/component/2018/why-does-programming-a-max-10-device-in-multiple-device-jtag-cha.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06162015_613.html

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you resolved the issue?

May I know any update?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

Hi,@Vicky​ 

Only checkbox "Enable real time ISP ..." is selected can .pof be programmed while if still can't program .pof when not select it. I just don't why there is such a problem while .pof can be programmed without selecting this several days ago.Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you gone through my previous post?

"I can program .sof by programmer, but I can’t program .pof by programmer. Why? What would cause this problem?" ----- Are you able to program *.pof?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you resolved the issue?

May I know any update or Should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

Sometimes .pof can be programmed while sometimes can't even I try the methods in the three issues you provided. I don't know why. You could close this case for now.​ Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Without you telling us specifically about the board you have (development board, custom design, ...?) and what devices are on the board (FPGA, config eeprom) you will not get much help.

As a general rule, if you ask questions here you need to provide as much background info as you can (as Vicky says) or else no one can help you.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

The board is custom design with MAX10: 10M08SAU324I7G and Quartus Prime Standard 18.1. Thanks!

0 Kudos