Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

I get the "can't access JTAG server" error - Code 35, when trying to program my MAX10 FPGA.

DRaja2
Beginner

I have the revB development kit. The kit was working fine for a really long time until it suddenly stopped being recognised by the Quartus programmer. The USB blasterII is recognised under my device manager (I'm using windos 10) and seems to be fine. However, there seems to be a problem with my JTAG chain. How should I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Are you using JTAG header or embedded blaster?

If you are using JTAG header check if we have connected it in proper orientation.

If you are using embedded blaster Ensure all power supplies to the device are within recommended operating conditions. Refer to the respective device handbook for the correct voltage level.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
DRaja2
Beginner

I was using the embedded USB blaster II. I think the blaster chip has just stopped stopped working, which is sad.

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

Can you program using JTAG header successfully ?

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
DRaja2
Beginner

Ok, I finally managed to borrow my friend's terasic USB blaster cable (They're expensive and I'm a student) and it seems to work fine on the first try. The USB blaster then turns off and the FPGA board needs to be turned off and on to make it work.

This leads me to believe that the embedded USB blaster chip was indeed damaged somehow (not sure how or why) and there is now a separate issue with the external USB blaster which causes it to turn off after the first try.

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Good to know that board works with jtag header.

1. If you are programming​ .pof we need to restart the board(power off and on) which will boot the image.
  2. Yes, embedded USB blaster chip or USB cable or Mini-USB connector or residuals forming bridge which may cause such problems.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos