Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

INTEL HLS COMPILER

MSura2
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to run the counter example and have run into this error, which I don't really understand, it's related to a bits library in C++, but its' within the HLS tool set.

Error:

i++ counter.cpp  -march=x86-64 -o test-x86-64

In file included from counter.cpp:1:

In file included from /opt/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls.h:11:

In file included from /opt/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls_internal.h:5:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../../include/c++/7.5.0/queue:59:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../../include/c++/7.5.0/deque:59:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../../include/c++/7.5.0/bits/stl_algobase.h:59:10: fatal error: 

'bits/c++config.h' file not found

#include <bits/c++config.h>

^

1 error generated.

HLS x86-64 compile FAILED.

Makefile:40: recipe for target 'test-x86-64' failed

make: *** [test-x86-64] Error 1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi

Please let us know which OS you are using and can you use another version of gcc and try reproducing the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anil.

0 Kudos
MSura2
Beginner

Hi Anil,

I can't seem to see my earlier responses so I'm not sure where they went.

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and I've not tried using GCC 4.8 and 7, which are both leading to the same error as shown below:

In file included from counter.cpp:1:

In file included from /opt/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls.h:11:

In file included from /opt/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls_internal.h:5:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../../include/c++/4.8/queue:59:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../../include/c++/4.8/deque:59:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../../include/c++/4.8/bits/stl_algobase.h:59:10: fatal error: 

'bits/c++config.h' file not found

#include <bits/c++config.h>

^

I've tried googling the solution and they suggested to install the mutlilib libraries, and I've done that and it has no impact on the outcome. If you can suggest anything it would be very helpful.

Kind Regards,

Mayank Surana

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi

Not all C++ features are supported in the HLS. Please review the compiler guide to see the supported features and GCC versions.

Also please make sure that you have the right setup as per the guidelines. Also GCC 4.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 might not be the correct setting, you can try the Ubuntu 16.04 instead.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos