Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

Im totally new to FPGA and using the Altera CPLD version. Im starting with Verilog I need access to the commands for coding. And are there simple projects for downloading for beginners?

TRaym1
Beginner

​Im very happy to meet everybody.

Please excuse by dumb questions :

Im new to FPGA and want to learn Verilog to start with but Im not familiar with the HDL language and not sure where to find documentation for all

of the HDL commands I assume this is on the website (somewhere) if someone could please direct me I appreciate it. 

I would prefer to download all of the Verilog HDL commands print them out for easy reference, *right in front of me* I dont have to keep referring back to the website all the time, is that possible?

Also one other question:  The Altera CPLD software version

in the Primitive Libraries these components are abreviated is there a legend there that better describes JUST WHAT these abbreviations stand for, at least for a newbie. 😊

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I would recommend you to go step by step process for learning the FPGA. Kindly start with the below first.

https://plan.seek.intel.com/PSG_WW_NC_LPCD_FR_2018_FPGAforDummiesbook

And second refer the below training materials, give an insight and will give the basics of Verilog.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/curricula.html

Regards,

RS

0 Kudos
TRaym1
Beginner

In response to the training part: I live in U.S.A. in around Riverton,Wyoming area.

Would any College let an instructor come into their college to teach the FPGA training?

Central Wyoming College In Riverton is the nearest but they don't teach any Electronics or FPGA

is the problem and finding the time!​

0 Kudos
TRaym1
Beginner

​The only University around Fremont County Wyoming is The University of Wyoming in Laramie,WY have you contacted them I have not heard anything from

*anybody*.  Depends on how long this instruction would take, Im okay with a few weeks but not years.  Please do send University of Wyoming in Laramie,WY my email address please: traymond160@gmail.com I might not get their call.

Thank you

Terry Raymond

0 Kudos