Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Is there further documentation on electrical characteristics of GXE transceivers used in E-tiles?

mkurzmann
Beginner

The information I was looking for is:

• max capacitive load at transmitter pins
  • capacitive load of receiver pins
  • actual voltage levels at receiver ADC for certain logic states in PAM4 mode

Thank you in advance for any hints.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are looking for specific specs ie capacitive load of the E-Tile XCVR pins and voltage level at RX ADC. For your information, as I look into the device datasheet, I am unable to locate any specific info on this. Currently, the datasheet is the only document for specs reference. Sorry for the inconvenience.

By the way, mind share with me the specific reason you are looking for the capacitive load of the pins ie for simulation purpose?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are looking for specific specs ie capacitive load of the E-Tile XCVR pins and voltage level at RX ADC. For your information, as I look into the device datasheet, I am unable to locate any specific info on this. Currently, the datasheet is the only document for specs reference. Sorry for the inconvenience.

By the way, mind share with me the specific reason you are looking for the capacitive load of the pins ie for simulation purpose?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mkurzmann
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I am looking for information regarding the capacitive load as I wanted to interface to a device via a cable assembly and am trying to figure out whether repeaters or retimers will be necessary on the signal path to maintain signal integrity.

Please let me add another piece to the question: Are there IBIS-AMI models available for customers in order to do channel simulation? I have found simulation results in AN835 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/qjz1512512364550.html#wov1513107044515 but no related models in the resource section.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

thanks for your update. As I understand it, you would like to inquire for the S10 E-Tile IBIS-AMI models. For your information, this information is provided to customer through IPS and with NDA in place. Just would like to check with you if you are aware of you local FAE or sales? You may get in touch with them on the IBIS-AMI model request. They should be able to work on the IPS flow for the file request.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mkurzmann
Beginner

Hi,

No, I do not know how to locate my local FAE or sales. How can I look up this information?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You may try to look into the following link for the fae or sales closest to your region. You may look for those who support Programmable Solutions.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos