cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

MAX 10 internal configuration

Hi,  

I am planning to work with MAX 10 FPGA. I'm new to this. I know how to program external flash but, I don't know programming internal flash using usb (not JTAG). I gone through MAX 10 documents I'm getting confused. Anybody please explain how to access internal flash using usb ? 

Thanks, 

KVL
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi,  

Please provide more details. Are you talking about some Dev. Kit board or you are planing to design your own board with MAX 10 FPGA chip?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You can either program the internal FLASH via JTAG or from the MAX 10 device's logic - for which you will need to put a design together that can program the internal FLASH. 

There's no way to directly program the internal FLASH via USB without using JTAG. 

Cheers, 

Alex
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I'm planning to develop my own board with MAX 10 FPGA and planning to configure the internal FLASH through USB.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Is there any article/link related to internal flash configuration for MAX 10 device logic?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

See the "max 10 fpga configuration user guide (https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.p...)". See the section on 'In-System Programming' on page 2-5. 

Cheers, 

Alex
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thank you @Alex for your response.