Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19074 Discussions

MAX10 ADC Sampling Issue after Power On

swtsven
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using a MAX10 (10M05DAF...) with a Nios 2 Processor. For the ADC the "Modular Dual ADC Core Intel FPGA IP" is used. Under some circumstances the sample_store registers never get filled with ADC values (all 0x00). Probably the ADC Sequencer does not run or has a problem.

Sometimes, everything works properly. To reach one of the mentioned "states" a reboot and reprogramming is required since we are running everything from volatile memory.

Facts:

- the VCC_3V3_Good signal is used as main reset_n and is high 1 ms before the VCC_2V5 is ready 

- Bank 1A (ADC bank) is supplied by VCC_2V5

What did I notice?:

- I tried different initialisation sequences in software and sometimes after a reboot the software got stuck in this loop:

swtsven_0-1624531057897.png

(function: adc_recalibrate(SEQ_BASE))

- I tried to delay the VCC_2V5 for about 100 ms on a "good tested" HW and couldn't reproduce the ADC issue. The 1 ms delay of the power supplies does not seem to be the cause.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers, Sven

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Sven,

Please do following checks:

1) Is the clock required for the ADC is stable and coming from a correct source? You may refer https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sam1393576011848.html#sam13939984...

2) Check all the connections are done as recommended in the Pin Connection Guidelines, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/luo1479889762304.html#hva14805714...

Regards.

Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you